Translate

Friday, April 9, 2010

Enter My Open Contest

You don't have to be an artist to enter. I am looking for a model (or models) for my next painting in the childhood series: "With These Hands." My first painting in the series is the little cowgirl I dubbed "Wonder." The child seems totally captured by the wildflowers she's just picked. I wanted to capture the amazement, wonder, and fascination on her face as she takes in their beauty.

Please submit your photo with a focus on the hands of a child or children, i.e. playing, surprise, making friends, a tea party, falling in love, a new brother or sister. The options are endless. The only rule is: Don't send me a copyrighted photo from someone else!

Contest Rules
Photo submitted must be your own original photo. To protect the innocent, I will change them enough that the identities of the children will be protected. You may e-mail your submission as an attachment to my e-mail at anfinsen65@comcast.net.

Contest Deadline
May 1, 2010

First Prize
If your photo is chosen as the model for my painting, I will send you a FREE color print, matted and ready for framing of the finished painting, including FREE postage and shipping.

Honorable Mentions
I will feature the three runners up on my web site, and mail a free, color greeting card of the finished painting; postage paid.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me or comment on this blog. Thank you for participating in the contest!

6 comments:

  1. I love you paintings, I'm following now!
    Tati
    http://Groovybabyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    Thank You for visiting Groovy Baby Blog.About your question on the Maple Syrup Article, you can find more information on http://www.diabeticsnacks.org/

    This Article was posted by a Guest Blogger. If you want to know more we suggest taking a look at this link. We hope that helps.

    If you are also interested in being a Guest Blogger you can let us know anytime.

    Thank You!

    -Angela & Angelica I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea for the next photo in the series. The Wonder painting came out beautifully. Love her expression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Kelly for your comments. I'm still enjoying your blog. Folks, click on "Kelly" and check out "The Sorry Gardener" blog. Beautiful photography, tongue in cheek humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture. It combines the two things I love most in the world: children and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate so much all of your comments! love to have each of you enter my contest. Who knows, you're photo might win!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete