Translate

Friday, April 9, 2010

Enter My Open Contest

You don't have to be an artist to enter. I am looking for a model (or models) for my next painting in the childhood series: "With These Hands." My first painting in the series is the little cowgirl I dubbed "Wonder." The child seems totally captured by the wildflowers she's just picked. I wanted to capture the amazement, wonder, and fascination on her face as she takes in their beauty.

Please submit your photo with a focus on the hands of a child or children, i.e. playing, surprise, making friends, a tea party, falling in love, a new brother or sister. The options are endless. The only rule is: Don't send me a copyrighted photo from someone else!

Contest Rules
Photo submitted must be your own original photo. To protect the innocent, I will change them enough that the identities of the children will be protected. You may e-mail your submission as an attachment to my e-mail at anfinsen65@comcast.net.

Contest Deadline
May 1, 2010

First Prize
If your photo is chosen as the model for my painting, I will send you a FREE color print, matted and ready for framing of the finished painting, including FREE postage and shipping.

Honorable Mentions
I will feature the three runners up on my web site, and mail a free, color greeting card of the finished painting; postage paid.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me or comment on this blog. Thank you for participating in the contest!