Translate

Friday, October 8, 2010

Featured Painting -- “Lucky Lady”

A mixed-media painting, complete with geometrics, glitter, and a smoking hot card is the next in my Roaring Twenties Series. Some of the effects didn’t photograph well, but the original is the “cat’s meow!”



Red glitter covers the ruffles, the collar, and the cuffs of the see-through negligee. Sparkling polka dots add a playful juxtaposition with the white dots on the dominoes and join with the Ace of Hearts in highlighting my gaming theme.

I have one more in my “geometric” duo, and then I’ll move back into the portrait realm on a larger scale. I’m currently taking a portrait class, with an emphasis on using photographs as backup and supplemental. I have included a couple of studies that I did yesterday.


If they look elementary, they are. This is like a college student going back to grade school to relearn the times tables.

I was looking for a basic refresher course, and this class is it! In addition, I'll complete a nice portrait and recall past learning experiences in a classroom setting.

Just as a teacher or a nurse is required to take refresher courses periodically, an artist needs an occasional boost in the brain as well.


In today’s blog, I’m sharing another “Starving Artist” recipe that is cheap, easy and nutritious. Enjoy!

Pinto Bean Casserole
1 lb. pinto beans cooked and drained. (or use equivalent canned)
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1 T. taco sauce
1 T. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste

After the beans are cooked (or heated), add all ingredients and place in a casserole dish. Top with 8 oz. of Monterey jack cheese and some chopped parsley. Drizzle with taco sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Serve with crispy tortillas and a tossed salad.

To see the rest of Carol's Roaring Twenties artwork, go to:
http://carol-allen-anfinsen.artistwebsites.com/

8 comments:

  1. Your Lucky Lady captures the glitz and the glam of the period. I particularly like the effect you’ve created with the playing card, it appears aged, like it was found in a grandmother’s keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Carol. I believe your model looks an amazing bit like you (and quite pleased with herself). Who would've suspected that in addition to your paint-spattered capris, you might also don red lingerie from time to time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you a little secret, Missy. I burned the card--made it look "smokin' hot!"

    Kelly, Kelly, Kelly (Cary Grantesque), oops! I should have turned her into a brunette! Must be some secret vibe goin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable. Being an old gamer myself, I find the temptations you're offering me in your picture (all of them) very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your blog. It is fun to see what you're working on. I am giving you a blog award.Copy the html and add it to your sight. Congratulations!

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QZ87bFEnEUY/TKuwGkWiIwI/AAAAAAAAAGM/J8SosT9SOOM/S250/onelovelyblogaward.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, I added the html to my java script, but it only shows the exact text as is, above. I'm a little lame on these things, but what am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice


    visit http://gallery-art.org/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the visit, Susan. I will definitely visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete