Translate

Friday, November 12, 2010

"In Progress" -- Dainty Diva

I couldn't resist painting another one of my beautiful granddaughters; this time Amelia. Her mother sent me a photo of Amelia in costume in the dance studio. I'm showing the digital printout, my drawing on canvas, and my first session where I brushed in the background.


There may be some color adjustment as I go along, but the background is essentially out of the way, and now I can concentrate on the figure. I'm really excited about capturing Amelia's beauty. She has big blue eyes, fair skin, and blonde hair, albeit hidden in a severe ballet sweep.


Originally, I was going to dub this painting: "Amelia at the bar," but chose instead: "Dainty Diva." I will show you the final painting in approximately two weeks if I'm not interrupted. I'm still trying to complete my watercolor painting on display last week. I have so many paintings I want to do (if I should live so long, ha).




Please preview all of Carol's artwork on her gallery at http://carol-allen-anfinsen.artistwebsites.com/

4 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely, Carol. If all of your grandkids want you to paint their portrait, Grandma may never have time to paint birds again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to paint people almost as much as birds and animals. As I said "I should live so long!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable, Carol. What a lovely subject, the perfect little ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm always honored when you stop by! I recommend nothingprofound's blog. Click on the above and check it out!

    ReplyDelete