Translate

Saturday, July 9, 2011

“The Lost” – A New Painting Completed


This is a real turn in another direction for me. Instead of painting only what I see, I’m painting more from my heart and from inspiration. Although I had some photographic references, the composition, the symbolism and the artistic expression are totally mine. It has been a freeing experience.

I have always found the beauty in people of other races and their cultures. When you get to know people one-on-one, you appreciate their uniqueness and goodness. I’ve also been intrigued by the legends, myths, and beliefs that propel a person’s choices and create marked differences in human beings, their motivation and behaviors.

In an earlier blog, I shared with you the legends of crows in India as “harbingers of death.” I researched this after reading a story about a man who was remembered by a flock of crows, year after year.

I learned that “house crows” as they are known in India are somewhat grayer in color than their American counterparts. I wanted to lend as much accuracy to my painting as possible, even though it was based mainly on imagination.


















I’m sharing a few more of my solely “imaginative works” with you. These are illustrations from my book: “Inez Ibis Flies Again; The Story of a Courageous Ibis Who Never Gave up.” A book icon in the right-hand column will take you to a sneak preview.








An e-book is also available FREE at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8340

5 comments:

  1. Hello from France
    Just a quick note to accompany my visit to your website.
    Congratulations.
    Maybe would have the opportunity to welcome you on mine!
    I wish you a very good day
    Sincerely
    ★ ·.·'¯`·.· ★ Chris ★ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
    http://sweetmelody87.blogspot.com/
    http://lechatmainecoons.blogspot.com/
    http://afrikadreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, "from France" Appreciate your comments, and yes, I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your paintings are really marvellous and has a lot to say.
    As a young poetry writer, they mean a lot to me and I guess I am really going to get some words from this paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, cudjoe, and good luck. This painting does have a foreboding appeal. The boy almost seems to be dissolving into the after life.

    ReplyDelete