Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Through The Eyes of God

An artist friend in Gateway Painters & Artists League (PALS) shared this video with me. I needed to see it. I have long felt that inspiration comes from two sources: the dark side (evil), and from light (good). This clearly states how I feel spiritually and on an artistic level.



I have been discouraged of late. The Internet business is slow, and I don't feel as if I'm making progress. This film gave me new hope.

I'm sharing the 2nd work-in-progress on "The Lost" painting. I added the first layer of oil paint over the boy and the crows today. I like what I see. This painting is truly coming from within, and does shed light on the plight of the children in India and the "lost" souls: infants and children who are left homeless and hungry; many of whom use sex to survive and to get something to eat. As a result they contract diseases. They are malnourished and in need of love and care.



I hope my painting will alert others to their plight and make people stop and think. One viewer last week said of my acrylic drawing: "I find this very disturbing."  I hope so! I hope in some small way it will jar us from our complacency in a world of great need.

7 comments:

  1. It is so sad and unnerving what is happening to the earth’s little children. I like the composition, the haunting look in the boy’s eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Missy! I always worry about my compositions since I make up most of my paintings. I use several references, oftentimes, and hope that it all comes together.

    Appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The expression in the little boy's eyes seems to say, "I know it all. I have suffered everything." It pierces me.

    The video was another of the miracles I encounter every day, but I might never have seen it without your including it in your post. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your comments so much, Melody. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for paying me a visit. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog, and above all the paintings. A hug from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete