Translate

Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Never Too Late


My daughter was an Art Education major. She followed in my footsteps as far as creativity goes. What she doesn't have is time. I keep telling her that most of us can't paint full time in the beginning. We must work, raise our families, be good neighbors and serve in our communities and churches. But I know it still hurts.

I had to hang up my brushes and a burgeoning free-lance writing career because of pressing personal problems and concerns. Life is full of ups and downs. We never know from one day to the other what will happen next. Will we have a job tomorrow? Will our marriage survive the push and pull of every day living, and attacks from outside influences? Will our children be healthy? Will we get married at all? Will we have enough money for college? These and similar questions hang over us our entire lives. The answers come as we live out our lives.

Just because we take a "time out" for family or work doesn't mean we're quitters. Just because we can't write or paint today, or next month, or even next year, doesn't mean we won't ever paint or write again.

If you find yourself in limbo as you live your daily life, remember your life can change on a dime. Live in the present and enjoy each moment! If and when your circumstances change, it's never too late to start again. It's never too late to start doing the things you always wanted to do.


 This small ibis that I dubbed Inez, inspired me to try again. She never gave up, and neither would I.
Have you read her story? Here is a link for the eBook: http://smashwords.com/b/8340

Book  is also available in paperback and hard copy. For FREE preview click on the Blurb picture book link on the right column.

No comments:

Post a Comment